Suitable for a whole range of veterinary Xray images
Although the Nomad Vet has been optimized for intraoral X-ray images with easy positioning for hard to-get dental angles, it can also be used for limbs and extremities. View injured limbs and extremities without anesthesia and limit movement of the injured patient. Take the Nomad to the patient rather than sedating and then carrying heavy animals to a traditional Xray machine.
True Portability – Nomad Handheld Xray
Unlike other “portable” x-ray instruments, the battery powered Nomad offers true portability with cordless operation and freedom from line voltage fluctuation. With several hundred exposures on one battery charge and a weight of under 4 kg, Nomad is ideal for remote use and confined spaces as well as operatory functions.
Save time and work more efficiently
- Economical – One Nomad can easily do the work of multiple conventional wall-mount x-ray systems in clinical use, and it is unequalled for field work.
- Truly Portable – Weighing only 4 kg, the battery powered hand-held Nomad dental x-ray offers true portability with cordless operation and freedom from line voltage fluctuation. On one charge, Nomad can easily take more than 100 exposures.
- Improves Quality and Workflow – Now take an x-ray anytime during a procedure for verification. You will have more diagnostic information when you need it. You will practice better dentistry! Nomad gets the x-ray to the patient, not the patient to the x-ray— you don’t even leave the room! This improves work flow and saves time.
- Easy to Use – The only input you need is the exposure time, entered through the user-friendly digital control panel. It’s easier for you and more comfortable for the patient. The ease of use and time savings is especially effective with children.
- Works Wherever You Go – Nomad is perfect for traveling humanitarian/mobile dentistry with minimal equipment and facilities.
Hand-held! Can you get clear radiographs?
It has been clinically shown that Nomad produces diagnostic quality x-rays and will work equally well with both film and digital imaging media. Nomad provides all the benefits of DC performance: highest quality images and lowest patient dosage. Nomad’s high-frequency, 60kv DC x-ray generator provides constant radiation output. This improves image quality while reducing the dose to the patient relative to traditional half-wave (AC) generators.
The external backscatter shield and internal radiation shielding are specially designed to protect the operator from radiation exposure. In fact, the exposure from using NOMAD™ is orders of magnitude less than allowed by the Australian and New Zealand Standards.
NOMAD radiation exposure is actually less than 1% of the allowed occupational doses. Nomad is safe.
The high-frequency, constant potential X-Ray generator provides constant radiation output. This improves image quality while reducing the skin dose to the patient relative to traditional half-wave (AC) generators.
Ease of Operation
The light weight Nomad is designed for simple operation. The only operator input needed is the exposure time, which is entered on the user-friendly digital control panel. Nomad is compatible with both traditional x-ray film and digital sensors, making it easy for you and easy for the patient.
More Convenience – Less Cost
Because the Nomad Cordless Handheld X-ray System is completely portable, just one can replace multiple wall-mounted x-ray sources.