Once inserted into the front of the scanner, the plate is automatically removed from the protective cover without any light reaching the exposed surface or any risk of finger contact. Patented algorithms used to read the plates ensure the highest level of image quality even when the incorrect dose is used to expose the image.
When moving from traditional film-based X-rays to the NICAL digital image plates, the X-ray exposure procedure remains the same. The diagnostic reliability is however greatly increased due to optimized detail recognition and sophisticated software image enhancements. The NICAL ImagePlus software allows fast image acquisition and processing along with impressive enhancement of image quality. The software also supports DICOM network compatibility. Once installed and configured, the software is ready for use with the NICAL SMART micro.
Protective covers and single use hygienic bags are available for all plate sizes.
- Size 0 31x22mm 726×1321 pixels
- Size 1 40x21mm 792×1321 pixels
- Size 2 41x31mm 1024×1354 pixels
- Size 3 54x27mm 891×1783 pixels
Features & benefits
- Reduced footprint in the surgery
- Always ready for use
- No buttons to activate
- Automatically recognises plate sizes, reads, erases, and ejects plates
- Removes cover plate internally
- No sensor cable necessary
- Ease of positioning
- 4 sizes available
- Can be used repeatedly
- Improved sterility with single use covers