Take quality images with a truly portable hand-held x-ray, Anytime…Anyplace !
- Economical– One NOMAD Pro can easily do the work of multiple conventional wall-mount x-ray systems in clinical use, and it is unequalled for field work.
- Truly Portable – Weighing only 2.5kg, the battery powered hand-held NOMAD Pro dental x-ray offers true portability with cordless operation and freedom from line voltage fluctuation. On one charge, NOMAD Pro can easily take more than 100 exposures.
- Improves Quality and Workflow – Now take an x-ray anytime during a procedure for verification. You will have more diagnostic information when you need it. You will practice better dentistry! NOMAD Pro gets the x-ray to the patient, not the patient to the x-ray so you don’t even leave the room! This improves work flow and saves time.
- Easy to Use – The only input you need is the exposure time, entered through the user-friendly digital control panel. It’s easier for you and more comfortable for the patient. The ease of use and time savings is especially effective with children.
- Works Wherever You Go – NOMAD Pro is perfect for traveling humanitarian/mobile dentistry with minimal equipment and facilities.
Application areas :
- Any dental surgery aiming to share equipment between rooms
- Working with small children or patients who are unable to remain stationary during the exposure
- Remote dental examinations in conjunction with digital sensor technology
- Military dental examination in remote locations
- Veterinary dental and small area examinations ( paws, limbs, etc. )
- Forensic victim identification
Can you get clear radiographs?
It has been clinically shown that NOMAD Pro produces diagnostic quality x-rays and will work equally well with both film and digital imaging media. NOMAD Pro provides all the benefits of DC performance: highest quality images and lowest patient dosage. NOMAD Pro’s high-frequency, 60kv DC x-ray generator provides constant radiation output. This improves image quality while reducing the dose to the patient relative to traditional half-wave (AC) generators. There is also no loss of image quality due to movement of the Nomad during the exposure.
The external backscatter shield and internal radiation shielding are specially designed to protect the operator from radiation exposure. In fact, the exposure from using NOMAD Pro is orders of magnitude less than allowed by the Australian and New Zealand Standards. NOMAD radiation exposure is actually less than 1% of the allowed occupational doses. NOMAD is safe!
The high-frequency, constant potential X-Ray generator provides constant radiation output. This improves image quality while reducing the skin dose to the patient relative to traditional half-wave (AC) generators.
Ease of Operation
The light weight NOMAD Pro is designed for simple operation. The only operator input needed is the exposure time, which is entered on the user-friendly digital control panel. NOMAD Pro is compatible with both traditional x-ray film and digital sensors, making it easy for you and easy for the patient.
The NOMAD Pro can also be supplied in a portable Flight Case configuration allowing the operator to to be highy mobile and have everything together in one convenient transport case. The Flight Case includes the NOMAD Pro, a digital xray sensor, a toughened notebook PC with archiving software, an intra oral camera, a photo printer and a document satchel in the lid. All equipment is protected in the custom foam lining making the flight case a truly portable solution.
More Convenience – Less Cost
Because the NOMAD Pro Cordless Handheld X-ray System is completely portable, just one can replace multiple wall-mounted x-ray sources.