Nomad Vet provides the most effective and efficient method of veterinary radiography. The unit improves medical care with high quality radiographic images and faster diagnostic times. This handheld x-ray unit works right out of the box. Just charge the battery, point and shoot. Every table becomes an x-ray exam table with no installation required. The Nomad doesn’t require wall mounting or remodeling of your rooms and there are no more rolling tripods.
With the Nomad Vet, there is no need to move heavily sedated animals to the x-ray machine. The NOMAD speeds up surgical procedures by going to the patient, saving time and reducing anesthesia. Maintain sterile environments by limiting movement and equipment.
Suitable for a whole range of veterinary Xray images
Although the Nomad Vet has been optimized for intraoral X-ray images with easy positioning for hard to-get dental angles, it can also be used for limbs and extremities. View injured limbs and extremities without anesthesia and limit
movement of the injured patient. Take the Nomad to the patient rather than sedating and then carrying heavy animals to a traditional Xray machine.
True Portability - Nomad Handheld Xray
Unlike other "portable" x-ray instruments, the battery powered Nomad offers true portability with cordless operation and freedom from line voltage fluctuation. With several hundred exposures on one battery charge and a weight of under 4 kg, Nomad is ideal for remote use and confined spaces as well as operatory functions.
Save time and work more efficiently
- Economical – One Nomad can easily do the work of multiple conventional wall-mount x-ray systems in clinical use, and it is unequalled for field work.
- Truly Portable – Weighing only 4 kg, the battery powered hand-held Nomad dental x-ray offers true portability with cordless operation and freedom from line voltage fluctuation. On one charge, Nomad can easily take more than 100 exposures.
- Improves Quality and Workflow – Now take an x-ray anytime during a procedure for verification. You will have more diagnostic information when you need it. You will practice better dentistry! Nomad gets the x-ray to the patient, not the patient to the x-ray— you don't even leave the room! This improves work flow and saves time.
- Easy to Use – The only input you need is the exposure time, entered through the user-friendly digital control panel. It’s easier for you and more comfortable for the patient. The ease of use and time savings is especially effective with children.
- Works Wherever You Go – Nomad is perfect for traveling humanitarian/mobile dentistry with minimal equipment and facilities.
Hand-held! Can you get clear radiographs?
It has been clinically shown that Nomad produces diagnostic quality x-rays and will work equally well with both film and digital imaging media. Nomad provides all the benefits of DC performance: highest quality images and lowest patient dosage. Nomad's high-frequency, 60kv DC x-ray generator provides constant radiation output. This improves image quality while reducing the dose to the patient relative to traditional half-wave (AC) generators.
The external backscatter shield and internal radiation shielding are specially designed to protect the operator from radiation exposure. In fact, the exposure from using NOMAD™ is orders of magnitude less than allowed by the Australian and New Zealand Standards.
NOMAD radiation exposure is actually less than 1% of the allowed occupational doses. Nomad is safe.
The high-frequency, constant potential X-Ray generator provides constant radiation output. This improves image quality while reducing the skin dose to the patient relative to traditional half-wave (AC) generators.
Ease of Operation
The light weight Nomad is designed for simple operation. The only operator input needed is the exposure time, which is entered on the user-friendly digital control panel. Nomad is compatible with both traditional x-ray film and digital sensors, making it easy for you and easy for the patient.
More Convenience - Less Cost
Because the Nomad Cordless Handheld X-ray System is completely portable, just one can replace multiple wall-mounted x-ray sources.
The NOMAD carry case is designed to protect the unit during any kind or rough treatment. With space for two rechargeable batteries, the NOMAD Carry case is ready to go.
Fitted with a telescopic handle, the case can be transported easily on low friction castors
The portable Flight Case from INLINE Systems enables you to carry all the required dental imaging and diagnostic equipment for any examination in a single transport case. The case is fitted with a telescopic handle and castors for ease of use. Fitted with a custom foam insert, the case guarantees the safe transport of your delicate equipment even in the roughest conditions.
All the equipment is battery powered and can be also be used with mains power. When inserted into the case, each piece of equipment is connected to a central charging circuit with a single power connect for ease of use. Simply plug the power lead into the mains socket and each piece of equipment in the case will begin charging.
Ready to go when you are !
Enables stationary positioning of the NOMAD Xray Unit within minutes.
- Secure, telescoping frame.
- Light weight,foldable stand.
- Sets up in only minutes.
- Adjustable, rotating mounting clamp.
- Post extends from 91cm to 152 cm.
- Includes vinyl carrying case with handle.
- Remote activation switch.
|Battery||NiCd, 14.4 V, 2Ahr|
|Anode Voltage||60 kV true DC|
|Anode Current||2.3 mA|
|Exposure Time Range||0.01 - 0.99 s|
|Focal Spot||0.4 mm|
|Inherent Filtration||>1.5 mm Al|
|Source to skin distance||20 cm|
|X-ray Field||60 mm round|
|Maximum Duty Cycle||1:60|